Three mile cut

Reports from our club trips.

Moderator: _NobleNate

Yak dog

Three mile cut

Post by Yak dog » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:03 pm

I knew the wind was going to get bad today but I thought I would get at least two hours of fishing in . I was wrong , getting there at 6 am the drive in was decent . I fished for a hour the wind was alittle bad . As I got further into the bay the wind really started howling so I decided to head in . As was loading up I could see the water had risen significantly from when i arrived . Got back to the entrance of the cut and WOW !!! The beach tide was rushing in and the normally dry entrance looked like part of the bay. I waded in bit and the sand was still packed ,so I found my best path through and made through . The water was up to my door step at its deepest . The path way on the beach was summerged and the dunes were all that was I had . It got a bit rough for a while , pulled three other trucks out and couldn't believe the water came up so fast. It's normally not like this over here so hopefully the weather will be better for our trip . Caught two small 14" trout :x not enough to take the lead on the tournament :x I tried to put the video on but this site doesn't accept the file.

Bushwing

Re: Three mile cut

Post by Bushwing » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:16 pm

Glad you made it out without any trouble. :shock:

mgiannaccio1
Site Admin

Re: Three mile cut

Post by mgiannaccio1 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:40 pm

Yak dog wrote:I knew the wind was going to get bad today but I thought I would get at least two hours of fishing in . I was wrong , getting there at 6 am the drive in was decent . I fished for a hour the wind was alittle bad . As I got further into the bay the wind really started howling so I decided to head in . As was loading up I could see the water had risen significantly from when i arrived . Got back to the entrance of the cut and WOW !!! The beach tide was rushing in and the normally dry entrance looked like part of the bay. I waded in bit and the sand was still packed ,so I found my best path through and made through . The water was up to my door step at its deepest . The path way on the beach was summerged and the dunes were all that was I had . It got a bit rough for a while , pulled three other trucks out and couldn't believe the water came up so fast. It's normally not like this over here so hopefully the weather will be better for our trip . Caught two small 14" trout :x not enough to take the lead on the tournament :x I tried to put the video on but this site doesn't accept the file.
If you have a youtube account you can upload it and link it from there. Or try to post it on the Facebook page. If not I can save the videos you sent me and put them up on the club YouTube.